eSense Skin Response
Supported devices iOS
The following iOS devices can be used with the eSense:
- All iOS devices from version 12.5 or higher, which are (in part):
- Apple® iPhone® 5S, iPhone® 6 / 6S, iPhone® SE / SE 2, iPhone® 7/7 +, iPhone® 8/8 +, iPhone® X, iPhone® XR, iPhone® XS, iPhone® 11/11 Pro, iPhone® 12/12 Pro
- Apple® iPad® from 5th generation (iPad Air) or newer, including all iPad Mini from 2nd generation
- Apple® iPad® Pro from 1st generation or newer
- Apple® iPod Touch® from 6th generation or newer
- Note: Some newer iOS devices without the classic 3.5mm headphone jack and with the newer Lightning / USB-C connector also work perfectly with the eSense. You either need an original Apple USB-C (https://amzn.to/2OQYssu) or original Apple Lightning (https://amzn.to/2SJVg37) to 3.5 mm connection adapter (not included in the scope of delivery of the eSense). Alternatively, you also can use any other adapter with a DAC chip. We recommend this adapter on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2SnAUA1
Additional note Siri: Please note that Siri can NOT be activated while you do a measurement with the eSense app (this applies to all eSense sensors). Otherwise a running measurement can be disturbed and your values be wrong therefore. You have to deactivate Siri YOURSELF (our app can’t do this due to the settings of Apple).
In order to deactivate Siri go Settings -> (General ->) Siri and deactivate Siri (the exact steps can vary depending on the version of iOS).
Additional note for users who have iOS 7 or higher: he eSense works through the microphone port. If you have iOS 7 or higher, you have to give the eSense app permission to use the microphone port, otherwise it will not work. You will be asked for permission asked during installation, so please answer the request by clicking “Yes” or “Allow”. After installation, you can make this setting manually: Allow the eSense app to use the microphone port in the system settings of your iOS device: -> Privacy -> Microphone.